The Woody Biomass Utilization Database is a project of the Western Governors' Association
designed to increase awareness of the use of biomass resources for economic development and
environmental sustainability. Program objectives highlighted include biomass energy and
heating activities, education programs, and projects and technologies involving biomass
residue resulting from forest health treatments to reduce wildfire hazard risk.
- Western Governors' Association, Western Regional Biomass Energy Program
- Promoting the increased use of bioenergy and biobased products through the conversion of biomass residuals from forest health projects and commercial agriculture.
- Healthy Forest and Rangelands, Woody Biomass Utilization
- Vision Statement, Charter, and Work Plan of the Woody Biomass Utilization Group.
- Healthy Forest and Rangelands, Woody Biomass Utilization Group (Woody BUG)
- This website provides information on woody biomass utilization and facilitates the work of the Federal interagency woody biomass utilization group (Woody BUG).
- Farm Service Agency, Biomass Crop Assistance Program
- Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP) provides financial assistance to producers or entities that deliver eligible biomass material to designated biomass conversion facilities for use as heat, power, biobased products or biofuels.